Midlothian Sure Start is a dynamic, award winning voluntary Organisation. It offers
a quality support service to families with children up to age 10 across Midlothian.
Midlothian Sure Start has been in existence since 2001 and employs over 80 members
of staff providing a service in six family support centres. Our ethos is to provide
a holistic, confidential community based service where Project Users are at the heart
of the service.
We are currently looking to recruit the following posts:
Job Descriptions can be downloaded from the links on the right.
You can also download the Vacancy Application Form and any relevant documents from
the links below.
If you have any questions relating to the above positions, you can call us on 0131
654 0489 or
For candidates who are qualified and interested in applying we are looking for SPA/SVQ2
in early education and childcare or equivalent qualification as a minimum requirement.
A sound knowledge and experience of child development & working with families is
We are willing to take on candidates who have the 10 week crèche workers course training
as a minimum training standard on the understanding the candidate is willing to register
with SSSC and undertake relevant training or qualification required to reach the
standard of SVQ3 in early education and childcare or equivalent. Training will involve
courses such as Birth to 3 Training, Child Protection level I & II and accessing
further education training to reach this standard.
For further information call Eliza Waye, Deputy Manager on 0131 654 0489
or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vacancy Application Form can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this
or you can call Molly Moyle on 0131 654 0489
or email on email@example.com
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Fundraising and Communication
Officer to increase revenue within Midlothian Sure Start as well as promoting our
organisation, through a variety of fundraising, marketing and communication activities.
We are looking for an ambitious, organised and enthusiastic individual for this unique
Fundraising and Communications Officer (Ref 101)
Full Tme - 35 hours per week
( Opportunity for Flexible working, Home-based working and Job Shares considered)
£26,060 + Pension
Fixed Term until June 2020
Based at Midlothian Sure Start Head Office, Mayfield, Dalkeith
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or can demonstrate equivalent skills
through ongoing professional/personal development.
Previous experience of fundraising and marketing administration is essential.
Previous experience in managing a Community Fundraising strategy.
Application packs can be downloaded from the website at www.midlothiansurestart.org.uk
or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please call Molly Moyle, Business Support Manager on 0131
This role is to provide administration support to our Centre Managers/Service Leads
and Senior Management Team. To monitor and evaluate data for the organisation ensuring
appropriate systems are in place to record all information and store securely.
35 hours per week
Salary Scale 21-23 £20,705- £21,809 + Pension
Based at Midlothian Sure Start Head Office.
• This post requires a person who is flexible and demonstrates a can-do attitude.
• This post requires a person who has the ability to communicate effectively with
children, parents, students, colleagues and staff from other agencies.
• This post requires a person who must be able to use their own initiative, have
a level of creativity, have self-direction and also self-awareness.
• This post requires a person who can multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• HNC in Administration/ Accounting or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• Previous experience of office systems and procedures is essential.
• Word processing and spreadsheet experience is essential, as is the use and comprehension
of database systems.
• You will need to have a satisfactory PVG Certificate
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential
• Desirable to hold Full UK Driving Licence.
• Salary of £20,705 - £21,809 (Salary Scale 21-23)
• Workplace Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement
• In-house training with the opportunity to access external training
• Working as part of an ever growing supportive Organisation
• An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our families
For further information please download an application pack at http://www.midlothiansurestart.org.uk/vacancies.html
The closing date for applicants is Wednesday 24th October 2018, Interviews will
be held week commencing 8th October 2018.