Support Workers / Early Years Practitioners
Working within all 6 centres in Midlothian
Hourly Rate £7.90 - £8.57
For candidates who are qualified and interested in applying we are looking for SPA/SVQ2
in early education and childcare or equivalent qualification as a minimum requirement.
A sound knowledge and experience of child development & working with families is
We are willing to take on candidates who have the 10 week crèche workers course training
as a minimum training standard on the understanding the candidate is willing to register
with SSSC and undertake relevant training or qualification required to reach the
standard of SVQ3 in early education and childcare or equivalent. Training will involve
courses such as Birth to 3 Training, Child Protection level I & II and accessing
further education training to reach this standard.
For further information call Eliza Waye, Deputy Manager on 0131 654 0489
or email on email@example.com
The Vacancy Application Form can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this
or you can call Molly Moyle on 0131 654 0489
or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Fundraising and Communication
Officer to increase revenue within Midlothian Sure Start as well as promoting our
organisation, through a variety of fundraising, marketing and communication activities.
We are looking for an ambitious, organised and enthusiastic individual for this unique
Fundraising and Communications Officer (Ref 101)
35 hours per week
Salary Scale 28-31 £25,424.27 - £28,065.98 + Pension
Fixed Term until June 2020
Based at Midlothian Sure Start Head Office, Mayfield, Dalkeith
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or can demonstrate equivalent skills
through ongoing professional/personal development.
Previous experience of fundraising and marketing administration is essential.
Previous experience in managing a Community Fundraising strategy.
Application packs can be downloaded from the website at www.midlothiansurestart.org.uk
or by emailing email@example.com.
For further information please call Molly Moyle, Business Support Manager on 0131
Closing Date: Monday 2nd July 2018 at 12 noon.
Early Years Practitioner or an Early Years Support Worker - 35 hours per week (Permanent
Early Years Practitioner or Early Years Support Worker - 35 hours per week (Maternity
Early Years Support Worker Salary Scale 10-11, £16,660.40-£17,070.81 Per Annum +
Early Years Practitioner Salary Scale 12-15, £17,458.59-£18,476.53 Per Annum + Pension
• To provide play opportunities that are appropriate to the development needs of
• To provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children (predominantly
• Offer stimulating and diverse play and collective involvement through dancing,
singing and story telling
• To encourage positive relationships between children
• To provide children with the opportunities to experience diverse cultural values
• To value parents as their child’s key educator and facilitate the transfer of learning
to the setting from home, and vice versa
• To provide support and guidance to parents in relation to their parent/child relationship
and parents needs
• To assist parents to care for and play with children on outings.
• This post requires a person who is empathetic and responsive to the needs of young
• You must be keen to contribute to the development of each child’s self-esteem and
• You must also ensure that the physical needs of the children/babies are met during
sessions including toilet needs, changing and feeding
• You must be able to work as a team
• You must respect confidentiality at all times and uphold our core values in all
areas of work
• You will be expected to follow Child Protection guidelines at all times
• A qualification that meets registration requirements with the SSSC as a Support
Worker, day care of children is essential. A SVQ Level 2 in Early Education and
Childcare or equivalent is desirable for the Support Worker post
• A qualification that meets registration requirements with the SSSC , as a Practitioner,
day care of children eg an HNC, SVQ level 3 in Early education and childcare or equivalent
is essential for the Early Years Practitioner post
• You must have experience of working with young children
• You must register with the SSSC and work towards any qualifications that you may
required to carry out
• You must also either hold a valid Child Protection Certificate or commit to undertake
Child Protection training
• You will need to have a satisfactory PVG Certificate
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
• Competitive Salary of £16,660.40-£18,476.53
• Workplace Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement
• In-house training with the opportunity to access external training
• Working as part of an ever growing supportive Organisation
• An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our families
Application packs can be downloaded from the Website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 0131 654 0489.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th July 2018 at 12 Noon.